2020-2021 Florida’s Sports Coast Marketing Matching Sponsorship Program Cycle Opens March 16
PASCO COUNTY, FL – March 10, 2020 – Experience Florida’s Sports Coast (FSC), the destination management organization for Pasco County, is gearing up for the 2020-2021 Marketing Matching Sponsorship Program cycle (MMSP) aimed at supporting special event organizers and events that have potential to attract tourists to the destination. This cycle, FSC has modified requirements both pre and post event to aid applicants in meeting all requirements to receive the full potential amount awarded by the Tourist Development Council.
Changes to This Year’s Cycle:
- Attend the mandatory Marketing Matching Sponsorship Program Workshop on April 1.
- Event Host Organization must be previously established for a minimum of two years with proven track record of success in hosting previous events.
- Event must be hosted between October 1, 2020 and September 30,2021.
- Event attendees must be encouraged to utilize Pasco County hotel rooms.
- At least one Pasco County hotel must be promoted on the event website.
- Event Host Organizations must demonstrate that the event will directly contribute to the promotion of tourism and attraction of overnight visitors to Pasco County by have a marketing plan for the event that includes promotions out of Pasco County.
The listed changes are meant to better facilitate and foster the growth of special events in Pasco County while increasing the marketing efforts to boost visitor travel, hotel stays, retail store traffic and restaurant business, all which contribute to supporting a positive economic impact across the destination.
Review the full application process here: https://www.pascocountyfl.net/4122/Marketing-Matching-Sponsorship-Program. All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2020 for consideration. To be eligible, all applicants MUST attend the MMSP workshop.
For questions or interest in applying for funding, please contact Experience Florida’s Sports Coast at 727.847.8129 or email Consuelo Sanchez at cbsanchez@FLSportsCoast.com.
About Florida’s Sports Coast
Still a new brand among fellow Florida destinations, Experience Florida’s Sports Coast looks to celebrate its one-year anniversary on March 7, 2020. Originally evolved as an homage to its sports roots, the brand’s tagline, “Let’s Play!,” celebrates the active traveler, adventurous family, avid angler and lively local in an approachable and spirited way. The destination has redefined the recreational retreat and serves up endless fun for adventure seekers. With 35 area parks, vibrant nature trails, thrilling zip line courses, hot air balloon outings, nearby islands with four artificial reefs, year-round recreational fishing, paddleboard and kayak trails, the options for exploration are unlimited.
For more information on Florida’s Sports Coast, visit www.FLSportsCoast.com. Engage with Florida’s Sport’s Coast via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @FLSportsCoast.