FLSportsCoast.com is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to individuals with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We are constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
We always make sure that our website follows accessibility best practices by following the principles of universal design. This ensures the site is flexible and adaptable to different users’ needs or preferences and is accessible through a variety of different technologies, including mobile devices or assistive technologies.
As Florida’s Sports Coast, we strive to follow WebAIM’s Principles of Accessible Design, and also try to help improve the accessibility of our website for users with disabilities by:
- Retaining the ability to adjust the font size
- Maintaining color/contrast ratios for text
- Providing keyboard accessible navigation
- Exposing information to the accessibility API through the use of ARIA attributes
We also monitor the accessibility of FLSportsCoast.com through the industry leading tool, WAVE.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
Wherever possible, the FLSportsCoast.com site will adhere to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines outline four main principles that sites should be:
- Perceivable – Information and user interface components must be presentable to users in ways they can perceive
- Operable – User interface components and navigation must be operable
- Understandable – Information and the operation of user interface must be understandable
- Robust – Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies
Optimizing Your Set-up For Your Needs
The AbilityNet website provides guidance to make your computer more accessible. It offers help with seeing the screen, using your keyboard and mouse, hearing sounds, and with reading and spelling. The BBC My web, My way website also provides accessibility help, enabling computer users to make the most of the internet whatever their ability or disability.
If you would like to request accessibility-related assistance, report any accessibility problems, or request any information in accessible alternative formats, please visit our contact us page.