Pasco County, FL – Pasco County’s Destination Management Organization, Experience Florida’s Sports Coast, is seeking an industry professional to be the newest member to serve on the Tourist Development Council (TDC).
The TDC is an advisory council to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC), comprised of elected officials and tourism industry professionals who provide valuable insight to the staff of Experience Florida’s Sports Coast on exciting promotional/partnership proposals and marketing opportunities that support the advocacy of tourism within the destination.
“We’re looking forward to finding an individual who is committed to the development and future of Pasco County as a leading Florida tourism destination and who has a clear understanding of the vital role tourism plays within the destination,” said Tourism Director Adam Thomas, CDME.
- Council members serve staggered, four-year terms.
- The position is voluntary with no financial compensation
- Council meets the third Wednesday of every month, alternately hosted in New Port Richey and Dade City with roughly eight to 10 meetings per year.
- Applicants must live and be registered to vote in Pasco County and be actively involved/employed with the tourism industry, i.e. a hotel representative, attraction partner, etc.
How to Apply:
- Fill out an online application here: http://bit.ly/2gWcaXt.
Applications are being accepted through May 25, 2019.
For more information about the Pasco County Tourist Development Council including current members and 2019 meeting schedule, visit: http://bit.ly/2xWcu3S.
About Florida’s Sports Coast
Florida’s Sports Coast offers travelers the chance to score once-in-a-lifetime memories with thrilling athletic opportunity. Home to 742 square miles of rolling green hills, scenic coastlines, countless amateur sports venues and complexes, picturesque trails and rich culture, this active destination offers game-changing experiences for everyone to enjoy— all situated on the beloved Gulf of Mexico. Paying homage to its sports roots, the destination’s tagline, “Let’s Play!,” celebrates the active traveler, adventurous family, avid angler and lively local in an approachable and spirited way. The sports-inspired lifestyle is celebrated in numerous aspects of today’s society and this motto is a promise to travelers that meaningful and epic activities can be found across this energetic destination.