Pasco County, FL – Setting the tone for a victorious future, the yearlong economic impact study conducted by Downs & St. Germain Research has been released and solidifies the continued strength of Pasco County tourism, recently rebranded as Florida’s Sports Coast.
“We wanted to understand the full impact tourism has on Pasco County by accurately measuring the destination’s travel industry by tracking visitor trends, profiles and spending habits. This economic impact study has shown us that tourism is a large piece of the engine that drives Pasco County’s economy,” said Florida’s Sports Coast Tourism Director Adam Thomas.
- Pasco County welcomed 965,000 visitors who spent $436,216,500, generating more than $615M in economic impact for the destination.
- Visitors to the flourishing county generated over 1,132,000 room nights, staying an average of 5.9 nights.
- For every 129 visitors to Florida’s Sports Coast, one job was created.
- This growth established a total of 7,480 jobs, equaling $156,629,400 in wages.
- Florida’s Sports Coast collected $2,590,324 in tourist development tax.
- $57,561,300 in generated sales taxes supported by tourism efforts saved Pasco residents an average of $294 per household.
“Understanding who our visitors are and where they’re coming from is key in creating future cost-effective marketing strategies. That’s why we conducted a Visitor Profile Study in conjunction with the Economic Impact Study, so we can best determine ways in which we can create targeted, rich marketing campaigns to attract future visitors who yield the highest return on investments,” said Thomas.
In the past year alone, $1 spent in marketing Florida’s Sports Coast resulted in $1,019 in visitor spending. The newly-announced brand is a sign that Pasco County is a powerful player in the Florida tourism space, and the elevated experience it offers guests will continue to promote positive economic growth.
For more information on Florida’s Sports Coast, visit www.FLSportsCoast.com. Engage with Florida’s Sport’s Coast via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @FLSportsCoast.
About Florida’s Sports Coast
Paying homage to its sports roots, the destination’s new tagline, “Let’s Play!” celebrates the active traveler, adventurous family, avid angler and lively local in an approachable and spirited way. The destination has redefined the recreational retreat and serves up endless fun for adventure seekers. With 35 area parks, vibrant nature trails, thrilling zip line courses, hot air balloon outings, nearby islands with four artificial reefs, year-round recreational fishing, paddleboard and kayak trails, the options for exploration are unlimited.