Experience Florida’s Sports Coast seeks tourism professionals to join advisory council
PASCO COUNTY, FL —- Pasco County’s Destination Management Organization, Experience Florida’s Sports Coast, is seeking two tourism industry advocates to serve on the Tourist Development Council (TDC) – including a hotel/motel professional.
The TDC is an advisory council to the Pasco Board of County Commissioners (BCC), comprised of elected officials and tourism industry professionals, who provide recommendations to the staff of Experience Florida’s Sports Coast on exciting promotional/partnership proposals, marketing opportunities and oversight of tourism tax expenditures – also known as the “Bed Tax.”
“We continue to move Experience Florida’s Sports Coast into the next chapter of the brand, and we look forward to finding council members who are just as committed to the development and future of Pasco County as a destination,” said Tourism Director Adam Thomas.
- One opening must be filled by an owner/operator of a motel, hotel, recreational vehicle park or other tourist accommodation in the county that is subject to the tourist development tax.
- The other opening can be filled by a tourism industry professional committed to advocating Pasco as a destination.
- TDC members serve staggered, four-year terms
- Positions are voluntary, with no financial compensation
- The TDC typically meets monthly, alternating between New Port Richey and Dade City
- Applicants must live and be registered to vote in Pasco County
To learn more about Florida’s Sports Coast, please visit: flsportscoast.com.