Experience Florida’s Sports Coast seeks hotel professional to join advisory council
PASCO COUNTY, FL — Pasco County’s Destination Management Organization, Experience Florida’s Sports Coast, is seeking a tourism industry professional to be the newest member to serve on the Tourist Development Council (TDC).
Applications will be accepted online through November 30, 2020 at: bit.ly/TDCApp2020
The TDC is an advisory council to the Pasco Board of County Commissioners, comprised of elected officials and tourism industry professionals who provide recommendations to the staff of Experience Florida’s Sports Coast on exciting promotional/partnership proposals, marketing opportunities and oversight of tourism tax expenditures – also known as the “Bed Tax.”
“We look forward to finding a new member who is committed to the development and future of Pasco County as a leading Florida tourism destination, and who has a clear understanding of the vital role tourism plays within the destination,” said Tourism Director Adam Thomas.
- Must be an owner or operator of a motel, hotel, RV park, or other tourist accommodation in the county subject to the tourist development tax
- TDC members serve staggered, four-year terms.
- The position is voluntary, with no financial compensation
- The TDC typically meets monthly, alternating between New Port Richey and Dade City
- Applicants must live and be registered to vote in Pasco County
For more information about the Pasco County Tourist Development Council, including current members and the 2020/2021 meeting schedule, visit: bit.ly/PascoTDC. For additional questions, please contact Kolby Kucyk Gayson at: [email protected].
Florida’s Sports Coast offers travelers the chance to score once-in-a-lifetime memories with thrilling athletic opportunity. Home to 742 square miles, this active destination offers game-changing experiences for everyone to enjoy— all situated on the beloved Gulf of Mexico.