The Latest Information from Experience Florida’s Sports Coast during COVID-19
Last updated Thursday, May 28, 2020, 2:00 pm EST
As the tourism industry grapples with what the future holds, we at Experience Florida’s Sports Coast are here for you. We’ve assembled useful tools and informational resources to help guide us through this pandemic. Our team is here for you every step of the way and together, we’ll get through this.
Virtual Stakeholder Meetings:
The past few weeks have consistently delivered daily operational regulations from a state and federal level as the nation responds to COVID-19. Join us for virtual industry stakeholder meetings for current updates on U.S. STR reports, evolving economic resources available through our industry and more.
View our past Stakeholder Meeting and learn about our full three phase recovery marketing plan.
Invitations to come via email. Not on our industry email list? Please contact email@example.com to be added.
Sporting & Public Events:
On May 13th, Governor DeSantis welcomed all professional sports teams to come practice and play in Florida. Stadiums and stands will remain empty as teams are welcomed back to take the field.
For more information visit Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hotel & Businesses Best Practices:
We encourage our partners to act based on guidance from public health experts. In order to maintain a safe environment and address visitors/customer concerns, we recommend increased precautionary measures including:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects
- Providing ongoing training for staff and partners regarding best practices for providing a safe and healthy environment
For more best practices on how to prevent illness click here.
- Reopening Vacation Rental Plan
- A comprehensive safety plan to ensure the reopening is fashioned in a manner that is consistent with the Governor’s approach of being “Smart.Safe.Step-by-Step.”
- Temporary Outdoor Seating – Permit Information
- Local restaurants can apply for a temporary permit for additional outdoor seating.
- CDC | Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- If you or someone you know is experiencing illness that may be COVID-19, epidemiologic consultation is available 24/7 through the Florida Bureau of Epidemiology at 850-245-4401.
Tourism Industry Resources:
- Health and Safety Guidance from the U.S. Travel Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Florida Department of Health