Experience Florida’s Sports Coast is Closely Monitoring COVID-19
Last updated Tuesday, May 6, 2020, 10:30 am EST
As the tourism industry grapples with what the future holds, we at Experience Florida’s Sports Coast are here for you. We’ve assembled useful tools and informational resources to help guide us all through this pandemic. Our team is here for you every step of the way and together, we’ll get through this.
Please find the latest updates and information for the Florida Department of Health here.
Industry Conference Calls:
The past few weeks have consistently delivered daily operational regulations from a state and federal level as the nation responds to COVID-19. Join us for virtual industry stakeholder meetings for current updates on U.S. STR reports, evolving economic resources available through our industry and more.
Invitations to come via email. Not on our industry email list? Please contact [email protected] to be added.
Sporting & Public Events:
On Thursday, March 12, in effort to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made the recommendation to limit mass gatherings by postponing events.
For more information visit Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Hotel & Businesses Best Practices:
We encourage our partners to act based on guidance from public health experts. In order to maintain a safe environment and address visitors/customer concerns, we recommend increased precautionary measures including:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched objects
- Providing ongoing training for staff and partners regarding best practices for providing a safe and healthy environment
For more best practices on how to prevent illness click here.
- New! CONNECT-Reemployment Assistance System
- New! Federal Paid Leave Law– this order issued by the President mandates paid time off for certain qualifying events. There are two primary components in terms of paid time off. (1) the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (“E-FMLA”); and (2) the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (“EPSLA”).
- New! Facebook Grants: Facebook is offering $100m in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate.
- Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave
- U.S. Small Business Administration Loan Program provides low-interest, long-term disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters to repair or replace uninsured/underinsured disaster damaged property.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance is a federally funded benefit program that assists individuals who become unemployed because of a disaster.
- The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19. Florida Disaster Bridge Loan
- Take the Business Damage Assessment Survey to find out what potential resources might be available for your business.
- Keep your business listing up to date with these Google Business suggestions.
Tourism Industry Resources:
- Visit Florida launched a new dashboard to show industry trends for hotels, vacation rentals and airlines.
- U.S. Travel Association toolkit.
- Access the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the U.S. hotel industry here.
- Hotel News Now is division of STR data to provide vital, up-to-the-minute information for hotel decision makers throughout the world learn more at HotelNewsNow.com.
- For up to Date Travel Information click here.
- Health and Safety Guidance from the U.S. Travel Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Florida Department of Health
- Temporary Outdoor Seating – Permit Information
- Local restaurants can apply for a temporary permit for additional outdoor seating.
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
- Currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19
- Economic Impact Survey: Help us determine the overall economic impact of COVID-19 on your business
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance Survey: Federally funded benefit program assisting individuals who become unemployed because of a disaster.
- CDC | Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- If you or someone you know is experiencing illness that may be COVID-19, epidemiologic consultation is available 24/7 through the Florida Bureau of Epidemiology at 850-245-4401.
- U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response Toolkit: Coronavirus (COVID-19)